You’ve probably seen it on drugstore shelves, in magazine articles, or being promoted by your favorite celebrity or influencer. Hyaluronic acid has been a buzzword in the skincare industry recently, and for good reason. But what IS it? And is it good for your skin type? Club West Med Spa is here to answer all your questions about this miracle product and if it’s worth the hype.
If you are in the Midlothian, VA area, visit Club West Med Spa for all of your skincare needs! Contact us today to set up your next appointment.
So What Is Hyaluronic Acid?
Many consider hyaluronic acid (HA) a “holy grail” skincare product due to its long list of benefits.
HA is a naturally-occurring humectant, which means it draws in moisture and retains it on the skin’s surface. It can bind up to a thousand times its weight in water, making it an incredible hydrating agent. But its advantages don’t stop there!
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
- Moisturizing & Hydrating: HA encourages your skin to hold onto more moisture. This is especially beneficial to those with dry or dehydrated skin.
- Anti-Aging: It targets dehydrated areas of the skin and rehydrates them, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Skin Elasticity: HA makes the skin appear fuller and plumper, giving a more youthful appearance.
- Treats Wounds & Burns: Aside from being a wonderful addition to your skincare routine, HA can actually be used to treat wounds!
- Treats Eczema & Facial Redness: HA has anti-inflammatory properties which help fight symptoms of eczema and redness.
Is Hyaluronic Acid Right for My Skin Type?
Though it might seem too good to be true, it isn’t–hyaluronic acid is beneficial to every skin type! This can be attributed to the fact that it is naturally occurring in the body, so applying the product simply helps enhance what your skin is already doing. This also means that it is rare to experience adverse side effects or allergic reactions.
Those with dry skin types benefit the most from HA. It is deeply hydrating and increases the moisture in your skin while holding onto it for longer. This reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
If you have an oily skin type, your skin is overcompensating for a lack of moisture by producing too much oil. Using HA over time can teach your skin to produce the correct amount of oil.
If you deal with both dry patches and an oily T-zone on your face, you can use HA to target your problem areas and promote proper hydration.
Even if you rarely have issues with your skin, keeping your skin hydrated is never a bad idea. You can incorporate HA into your skincare routine to promote a healthy glow.
How To Use It
Now that you know the benefits of trying hyaluronic acid, it’s time to incorporate it into your skincare routine!
- Cleanse: Cleanse your skin with your favorite face wash. If you also like to use toner, this is a good time to apply it.
- Apply Hyaluronic Acid: While your skin is still damp from cleansing, apply your hyaluronic acid serum. This retains all of that water and works to hydrate your skin.
- Moisturize: Apply your moisturizer on top of your serum. This locks in the hyaluronic acid and makes it last longer.
- Voila! Say hello to hydrated and glowing skin!
Visit Club West Med Spa
At Club West Med Spa, we are dedicated to providing our clients with the best possible care. We are proud to feature Éminence Organic Skincare, a line of high-quality, sustainable skincare products. Visit their website to shop their complete line of hyaluronic acid products to boost your skin’s natural glow.
If you live in or around Midlothian, VA, visit our team of professionals to give your skin the care it deserves. Contact Club West Med Spa today to set up an appointment!