With the year quickly coming to an end, the new year’s resolutions are piling up in our minds. If you’re struggling to get rid of excess body fat and feel confident in yourself again, non-invasive body contouring may be the perfect solution.
Emsculpt Neo and CoolSculpting are scientifically proven methods to diminish specific areas of fat pockets and tone your body. Club West Med Spa in Chesterfield County and Central Virginia is here to help you figure out which body contouring treatment is right for you.
Say goodbye to endless weight training with no results and say hello to a new and improved you. If you’re ready to discover how these innovative treatments can help you this next year, contact us today to schedule a consultation.
What is Emsculpt Neo?
EMSCULPT NEO is the first and only non-invasive body shaping procedure that provides simultaneous fat elimination and muscle building in a combined 30-minute session. The procedure is minimally invasive and virtually painless and works by combining radiofrequency (RF) heat energy with high levels of high-intensity focused electromagnetic (HIFEM™) energy.
A few minutes into the procedure, the temperature in subcutaneous fat reaches levels that cause apoptosis when the fat cells are permanently damaged and slowly removed from the body. Extreme stress from apoptosis forces the muscle to adapt, increasing the number and growth of muscle fibers and cells.
What are the pros?
For the right candidate, Emsculpt offers many benefits and advantages. Some of the pros of body contouring treatment include:
- While you need multiple treatment sessions to get the best results from Emsculpt, each session is short and non-invasive. Patients can lift and tone their bodies without being put under anesthesia. EMSculpt targets the muscle tissue without affecting the skin, so you don’t have to worry about scarring or stitches.
- No Recovery Time
- Since Emsculpt is non-invasive and relatively comfortable, most people can go back to their routine activities after treatment. You don’t have to be out of work or on rest for days. Some individuals engage in vigorous exercise a day or two after. Emsculpt provides surgery results without the knife and downtime.
- Boosts Metabolism
- While other body shaping treatments only focus on removing fat, Emsculpt focuses on toning and building muscle. Full remodeling of the muscular structure allows for increased fat metabolism. If combined with physical therapy sessions, Emsculpt can speed up the recovery process.
What are the cons?
Although Emsculpt is non-invasive, there are some risks and drawbacks to be aware of when receiving treatment, as with any cosmetic treatment. These side effects include:
- Intense Sessions
- Emsculpt isn’t uncomfortable or painful, but the treatment can feel like a vigorous workout at the gym. Not everyone will withstand this treatment when the electromagnetic waves are causing more muscle contractions than you could do during an intense workout.
- Soreness or Fatigue
- Since Emsculpt is not an invasive surgery, there is no downtime after, but you may feel a sense of soreness or fatigue. The soreness in the treated area can feel similar to after an intense workout at the gym. However, the soreness and fatigue only last for about a day or two after.
- Not an Exercise Replacement
- Emsculpt isn’t a one-and-done treatment, and you cannot rely solely on the procedure to keep fat off and muscles toned. Although it leads to muscle contractions, you’ll still want to maintain or start an exercise routine to maintain your muscle structure and fat loss. The treatment is not an exercise replacement.
What is Coolsculpting?
Coolsculpting is another non-surgical method to remove fat cells and achieve a more toned physique quickly. By utilizing two paddles to freeze fat cells to the point of breakdown, The treatment takes a few sessions to deliver results, but over time, the body gets rid of the fat cells damaged during the procedure.
CoolSculpting is not uncomfortable or painful, but you may feel minor pinching and numbness during the procedure. The treatment can last around an hour, and most patients can just sit back and relax while enduring it. If you have trouble areas along the stomach, waist, and buttock areas, this treatment may be the perfect solution for you.
What are the pros?
When there’s a virtually painless method to diminishing fat cells, why wouldn’t you want to try it out? Many people choose Coolsculpting to start their new year with a toned body. Learn about some of the reasons why:
- No Hospital or Surgery
- Forget needles, knives, and surgical protocols with this non-invasive fat-loss technique by cosmetic experts. With Coolsculpting, you don’t need to go to the hospital or prep for days as you do for surgery. The procedure can be done right in a dermatologist’s office during your break or after work.
- No Downtime or Recovery Period
- There is no need to prep before the treatment, which means no fasting or medications before or after the procedure. After the treatment is complete, you don’t have to worry about taking it easy or changing your daily routine. It is a great fat loss procedure if you cannot afford to miss work but still want a slimmer body.
- Little Discomfort or Damage
- Precision and technique are used to control the freezing on your body, and technology will turn off if your skin gets too cold. The gel pads used during Coolsculpting help protect your body as the handpiece draws the fat closer to the surface, leaving your muscle and tissue untouched. You are guaranteed a safe and effective procedure.
What are the cons?
Like any cosmetic procedure, Coolsculpting does have its disadvantages. Here are some things you should consider before receiving treatment:
- Swelling or Bruising
- After treatment, you may experience some swelling or redness in the targeted areas. This may be bothersome and visually unappealing, but the bruising and reduced sensation should go away within a couple of days. The skin is virtually left unharmed since the area is never cut into.
- Bloating or Severe Numbing
- These are less common side effects and happen only in rare cases. However, it is possible to feel bloated along the contact area for a few days. If you feel severe numbing on the skin or extreme pain around the site, you must contact your doctor immediately.
- Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia
- This side effect of Coolsculpting can enlarge the treated area rather than minimize it. When this happens, your fat cells expand instead of break down, and it will not go away with typical diets or exercise. It is an extremely rare side effect but can be removed with liposuction.
How Are You Going to Improve This Year?
At Club West Med Spa, we are dedicated to helping clients better themselves and achieve the look they want. Both Emsculpt and Coolsculpting use different forms of magnetic stimulation to tighten and tone muscles. They both require four treatments and are FDA-approved for the butt, thighs, and abs.
You now have the knowledge to decide which treatment is right for your body and lifestyle. Our team is always here to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
For more information about these procedures, please contact us (link to contact us page) today at 804-897-5297.